Friday, May 7, 2010

LIFE IS A HIGHWAY..........I'm Back!



Hey....It's been a while since I posted anything. Been through a lot of changes. About 2 months after my first post I moved out of my house where I was slowly setting up a woodworking shop in my basement. I then moved to an apartment half the size of my house. Also I had some health issues along the way. Got a bit depressed about having no place to do woodworking. I did however spend a lot of time reading woodworker's blogs. I came across a number of people in similar circumstances that were working out of apartments, balconies, and other small spaces. But it's a new day, so I decided to stop complaining and start doing !!! I realized that the Past is the Past, it's done and I can't do a thing about it except learn and move on. It's all up to me, so here I go...........
In my small apartment there is a space that was a dining area. Here's a couple of pictures. I know, it looks like I'm still moving in. I have to change that! I have to clean it up and this area has to be multi-functional. I'll need a small workbench . The Workmate just doesn't cut it. It's too light for plane work and lacks versatility. So, first thing I have to do is make a bench. My space is 8' by 8 1/2' and I believe I may be able to fit a bench in diagonally maybe about 4' long. I have to give it some heft or weight and it has to be able to come apart for storage or for multi use.
Designing a workbench comes next.........

Happy Trails - Joe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

perhaps try something along the line of the joinery bench by Tim Williams (Asheville Woodworking School). Here`s the link to a pic...

http://blog.woodworking-magazine.com/blog/The+Joinery+Bench+Has+Its+Time+Come.aspx